Print this webpage and follow the instructions
Note: Users of Excel (2010) or earlier versions (1997 to 2003) do not need to install anything. This installation procedure is for users of Excel 2007 ONLY.
In Excel in 2007 the user needs to install VBA for Excel to be able to develop, maintain or modify macros.
This is how to do it:
- Click on the "Start" button at the bottom of your screen and chose "Control Panel".
- Double click on "Add or Remove Programs"
- Select "Microsoft Office"( it can read "Enterprise 2007 or "Home 2007...) from the list of programs
- Click on "Change"
- Select "Add or Remove Features" and click on "Continue"
- Expand "Office Shared Features" with the + sign
- Select "VBA for Application" and click on "Continue"
Now that VBA is installed you need to show the "Developer" item on your toolbar. To do so click on the Office button:
then select "Excel Options" at the bottom of the window:
Select "Popular" and check "Show Developer in the Ribbon":
You should now see a new item on your Excel menu bar "Developer" and you can develop macros when you are ready.